Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009



It’s almost the New Year. Almost 2009. Where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday that my baby girl and baby boy were born. 2009 means Jenalyn is only one more year away from starting school. I’m not ready for that – but won’t allow myself to think about that yet!

The New Year is a time when people choose to make resolutions. For some reason, the turn of a new year sparks a desire in people to change their lives and set goals for the next year. More often than not these goals are not accomplished. Why? Maybe it’s the hype of making resolutions and not a true desire for the change. That’s not to say all resolutions fail, but I can honestly say none of mine have ever lasted past the first 3 weeks! I choose to look at things differently.

This year, New Years is different for me. My life has already changed drastically. I don’t think I need to make any resolutions beyond living day by day and finding the positive in every situation. To me, resolutions can be made any day of the year, not just January 1. But this year, January 1 is more than a start of a new year. It’s a start of a different life. It’s the start of figuring out who I am and what I want in life. It’s the start of doing things on my own. It’s the start of developing strength. It’s the start of finding a happiness, peace and contentment I long for. It’s a time to embrace the present and look to the future, day by day. It’s a time to tell those around me that I love them. It’s a time to tell myself I love me. It’s a time to realize the blessings in my life. It’s a time to realize there are struggles but that I can gain the strength to move through them.

I wish all of my friends and family all the best in the New Year. I pray for you to feel love and to love. I pray for you to feel true happiness – not just a outward smile, but that your heart is smiling. I pray for you to find peace in all aspects of your life. Don’t get caught up in making resolutions to lose weight or to save more money or to take a trip. Think about what really matters in life and resolve to embrace those things. That is where you will find true happiness and love and peace.

1 comment:

Lorena Ferguson said...

Hey Kristen. I pray all of the same for you and that God will reveal Himself to You in a big way in 2009.